Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Patient Registration Representative.
- Admits scheduled, non-scheduled, and emergent patients.
- Obtains and inputs accurate patient and insurance information.
- Explains facility policies and has proper admission forms signed by patient.
- Obtains room and bed assignment.
- Complies with Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance rules and regulations.
- Will conduct bedside admission on patients who are directly admitted to a nursing unit.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 3+ years general clerical, registration, or customer service experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work under stress with frequent interruptions.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago