Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Rehabilitation Services Department includes Occupational and Physical Therapy, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Recreation and Speech-Language Pathology. Our professionals provide a broad range of services to our varied patient population with special focus on prevention, preservation and restoration of mobility, fitness, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, and swallowing. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Rehab Tech.
- Prepares patient treatment area including adjusting wheelchairs, obtaining exercise/ambulation equipment and modality set up.
- Performs and monitors patient treatments as directed by a Rehab Physical Therapist or Physical Therapy Assistant including structured exercise programs, mobility activities and application of physical modalities.
- Communicates in writing or verbally patient's response to treatment, time spent with patient and any other observations.
- Transfers and transports patients between therapies, following schedule and reporting to therapists any reasons for deviation from schedule.
- Cleans equipment and restocks supplies.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous rehabilitation experience is preferred.
- CPR certification is a plus.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 30+ days ago