Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Transporter in our Central Transport Department. Responsibilities:
* Positions patient for all types of tranport within the medical complex.
* Provides proper immobilization of patient as required, and attends to patient's comfort and safety during transport.
* Notifies appropriate staff of the transport.
* Reports and marks any malfunctions of equipment and delivers equipment to BioMed for repairs.
* Maintains the patient's right to privacy and confidentiality.
* High school diploma or GED.
* 3-6 months experience as a hospital orderly or comparable position.
* CPR certification preferred.
* Must be able to lift over 60 lbs. and push on wheels over 250 lbs.