Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Secretary.
*Greets visitors, patients and healthcare staff and assists in meeting their needs.
* Answers telephones and triages calls on the unit.
* Reviews all verbal orders for physician signatures.
* Ensures patient charts are complete per hospital universal chart order.
* Notifies support and ancillary departments regarding any service requested or needed.
* Updates census report and forwards to Admitting Department.
* Orders and maintains office supplies.
* May be asked to transport items to other areas of the medical complex.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* 1 year of clerical or office support experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
* Must possess a current basic life support (BLS) certification.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent communication and computer skills.
* Will be required to wear a uniform provided by the hospital.