The County of Riverside Probation Department has full-time and part-time openings for Probation Corrections Officer I positions throughout the County.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION USING THE COUNTY'S NEW JOB GATEWAY
- Applicants must be 21 years of age 6 months from the day they apply.
- Applicants must meet the minimum educational requirements of 60 semester OR 90 quarter units from an accredited college or university. To qualify you must have completed the class and received a final grade which is on your transcripts.
- Applicants cannot currently be on any form of court ordered summary or formal probation.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JOB GATEWAY
If you are unable to access the link above, type this address into your browser:
BASED ON THE NUMBER OF RESUMES RECEIVED, THIS POSTING MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE.
The Probation Corrections Officer I testing process consists of two tests. Applicants who meet all requirements will be emailed a link to take the test. The first test is an online test. Candidates that pass the online test will be invited to take the second test in person at our Assessment Center in Riverside at a later date to be determined.
For candidates that have tested previously, your test score will remain valid for six months. If you tested for this position within the past six months, DO NOT apply or take the test again at this time.
For questions regarding this position, contact Brian Arcinas at email@example.com.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• In a training capacity: supervises the conduct and behavior of minors; maintains necessary order and discipline; directs the groups in constructive activities and imposes restrictions when necessary.
• Prepares daily behavior reports; attempts to modify antisocial behavior and assist minors in adjusting to detention situations; provides guidance on personal problems such as relationships with peers, parents, and school personnel.
• Instructs and encourages good manners, sportsmanship, and proper attitudes towards work, play, and citizenship; plans organized recreation and group activities.
• Maintains proper living standards and health habits through instruction on personal hygiene; maintains effective security and safety procedures within the unit at all times and is constantly alert for attempts to escape.
• Supervises such leisure time activities as games, athletics, crafts, and when required, encourages participation of individuals not already engage in these activities.
• Instruct in the rules of various games and in craft methods; referees games and organized tournaments.
• Prepares observation reports on detainee's attitudes, behavior, appearance, interest, skills, progress, and needs; administers first aid when required; issues and supervises the taking of medication as directed by professional medical personnel.
• Keeps the unit logs and other written information up to date; registers and stores personal belongings; searches for weapons and other contraband articles; checks for marks, bruises, and infections as required.
• Staff must be prepared to restrain and/or subdue hostile and/or violent juveniles, which may involve the use of pepper spray, physical force, participating in take downs, and/or the use of handcuffs.
• Use the computer to type reports and retrieve data and information.
• Will be assigned to a variety of assignments, facilities, and schedules which includes rotating shifts (day, swing and graveyard, weekends, and holidays). Overtime may be required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education: Completion of 60 semester or 90 quarter units at an accredited college or university, preferably with a major in one of the behavioral sciences.
Knowledge of: Group leadership techniques; counseling methods; health principles and practices.
Ability to: Establish and maintain rapport with minors; learn techniques for supervising and guiding groups of minors under detention; learn and apply basic first aid techniques; exercise good judgment in stress situations; follow oral and written directions; speak and write effectively.
County of Riverside - 8 months ago