Reports to: Plant Manager
Job Purpose: The Process Engineer role is primarily responsible for establishing, maintaining and improving standards on all process flow equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participates individually or on cross-functional teams focused on relentless continuous improvement and problem solving activities throughout the company. May require traveling to other locations.
- Perform periodic Predictive Maintenance tasks on equipment, including but not limited to Air Leak Audits, Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, and Thermal Imaging. Review findings with Maintenance Manager and initiate corrective action steps.
- Ensures that all molds and molding machines run at maximum performance.
- Oversees the change over processes with a focus on efficiency improvement.
- Establishes processes set up sheets and process charts for new and current products.
- Establishes CQV including sample runs and action plans that relate to production machinery & process.
- Trains team members and other department employees.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives in OEE, SMED, and sustainability.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining operator and maintenance training.
- Monitor equipment downtime and operator reports and lead Root Cause Analysis initiatives to eliminate downtime or equipment variation.
- Establish and maintain TPM standards on all equipment.
- Assist with equipment troubleshooting, repair, installation, change-over, and PM as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops optimum bottle process for all lines, by performing basic troubleshooting, making process adjustments and repairs on machinery, and performing necessary setting adjustments on equipment.
- Integrate and maintain automated process data collection systems.
- Integrate and maintain automated alarming systems notifying the plant of down equipment.
- Research, justify and implement cost saving projects that focus on safety, quality and sustainability.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
- Preferred candidate has Associates degree in Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or certification in a similar technical area.
- Must have excellent knowledge of SPC, plastics, electrical, electronic hydraulics, mechanical and pneumatic functions
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Must have and be able to demonstrate intermediate math skills.
- Must have ability to read blueprints and be able to use precision measuring/inspection equipment.
- Requires leadership and excellent interpersonal skills to provide training to team members and other department employees.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others in a team environment.
- Self motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training
Ring Container Technologies - 15 months ago