This position is for a PRODUCE MANAGER TRAINEE SNE
*** Must have mobility to the greater Camden, Rockland and Damariscotta locations ***
*** Must have availability on nights, weekends and holidays ***
*** Experience Preferred ***
*** Must be able to tolerate working in extreme cold temperatures ***
*** Heavy lifting is a major function of this position ***
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the district with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions ***
Effectively manage department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Strong problem solving skills. Must meet minimum age requirements. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
• Foster a sales-driven, consumer focused culture through relationship building and promoting an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness.
• Grow sales through effective merchandising strategies.
• Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
• Manage performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
• Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
• Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
• Role model and provide recognition of our key behaviors; Be There, Make It Easy, Add Something To Their Day and Be the Difference.
• Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
• Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
• Communicate department and company policies to all associates.
• Perform special projects and other functions as assigned.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...