Product Engineering position available in the Liquid/Micro Bulk & Advanced Systems Product Engineering Team within GO NA Customer Engineering organization.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a PRODUCT ENGINEER at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
As an overview, the L/MB Team is responsible for the development and management of hard good products for cryogenic customer systems (cryogenic tanks, high pressure tubes, vaporizers, etc.) that support Customer Engineering projects throughout North America. This involves vendor contact and coordination, commodity management, new products and specification ownership and revision management. This position will be primarily responsible for and will specifically include responsibilities associated with product engineering and support for the Microbulk/CryoEase business in NA one of the fasting growing cryogenic liquid businesses. Interaction daily with Project Engineering, Maintenance, Business Area and Assets.
- Develop new products as required by business and customer needs
- Develop product documentation packages and maintain revision control around those packages
- Manage and maintain BOM's for specific products developed by and owned by the team
- Participate in troubleshooting and quality management issues as needed
- Establish and maintain vendor contacts enabling product development and management
- Participate in group level CI events to identify and leverage system work process improvements and cost reductions
- Track and manage costs / schedules using SAP tools
- Interact with global counterparts to optimize a global product and business.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had sales of approximately $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- Independent, motivated individual, able to multitask responsibilities, flexible
- BS in Engineering, 2-5 years experience with mechanical, product, and project work
- Familiarity with gaseous and liquid cryogenic systems
- Excellent communications; written, oral, computer tools
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #10754BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 23 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...