Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Product Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This position will provide engineering support for the Chemical Distribution Equipment. The Product Engineer individual will be responsible for the following:
• Liquid and vapor chemical delivery system design for semi-conductor industry.
• Integrating new development products into portfolio.
• Line sizing, pressure drop, and thermodynamic calculations.
• Assessing engineering feasibility and executing customer requested ETO designs.
• Understanding of firmware and software configuration files.
• Supporting MOC (management of change) activity related to Chemical product lines.
• Component failure analysis and investigation.
• Identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities and engineering them effectively into the Chemical Delivery Equipment.
• Identifying alternate components, both mechanical and electrical, to address obsolescence issues.
• Investigating alternate vendors, performing testing and documenting results to support cost savings initiatives in manufacturing.
• Assisting manufacturing, as required, with troubleshooting Chemical Distribution Systems being manufactured and functionally tested.
• Working closely with Manufacturing to solve vendor related issues in a timely manner.
• Maintaining and creating test procedures as required to support manufacturing.
• Managing all product line documentation including standards, specifications, and manuals.
• Interface between product management, controls, process safety, production, mechanical systems, and field operations.
• Communicating with customers / suppliers.
• B.S. in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering.
• 3+ years experience.
• Manufacturing experience a plus.
• Experience in product based approach and ODI (Stage Gate) process a plus.
• Knowledge of chemical and/or high purity gas delivery systems preferred.
• Experience with Apollo Root Cause failure analysis methods a plus.
• Knowledge of HAZOPs, UltraFlo, CAPP, and SolidWorks preferred.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #12194BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 22 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...