The Production Supervisor works in a fast paced changing environment. Manages staffing needs and makes sure facility is safe, organized and clean while minimizing downtime and maximizing efficiency’s in production. Responsible for continuous process improvement. Ensures production employees have all the necessary training, tools and supplies to conduct their job in safe, productive manner while achieving all quality requirements. Meets production schedules to support customer and organizational on-time delivery objectives. Ability to work in a team environment that supports the division by working with various departments including safety, maintenance, quality and inventory. Ensures full utilization of company assets. Supports appropriate maintenance programs and troubleshooting initiatives. Supports stock organization and inventory objectives by properly maintaining inventory through accurate identification and tagging.
• 5+ years of industrial or manufacturing experience; supervisory experience strongly preferred
• Successful safety leadership
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and experience in Intuitive/AX systems and local inventory applications preferred
• Basic mathematical literacy
• Demonstrated ability to use precision measuring instruments preferred
• Knowledge of operations efficiency including OSHA and leaning manufacturing
• Time management, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills required
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills required
• Ability to be organized for themselves and team members
Olympic Steel has bypassed gold, silver, and bronze in favor of carbon, coated, and stainless steel. A steel service center, Olympic Steel...