Supervise the production process, utilizing specialized knowledge of the print and signage industry to make production decisions
Oversee production workflow for assigned properties from art-to-vendor through delivery; update Filemaker
Collaborate with the design teams and vendor; ensure that products meets corporate and client expectations, are within budget and deadlines are met
Make assessments at press and bindery checks to determine best route/technique to uphold standards and meet delivery
Compose detailed print specifications for complex projects; evaluate site installations as needed
Approve proofs and final versions following department guidelines and negotiate delivery date
Act as first point of contact in absence of the production director
Cultivate a creative and collaborative environment to inspire design and build cohesive teams within the department, division and properties
Communicate project status, timelines and delivery information to clients and internal teams; attend status meetings as assigned
Interface with internal departments, clients and vendors to resolve issues
Train and educate employees on all industry capabilities for print and signage including different manufacturing processes and special techniques
Prioritize a high-volume workload and follow-up on jobs
Fully understand department job processes and procedures
Perform job related duties as assigned
Adhere to division performance standards
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 – 5 years experience working in the print industry or in a production position in an Advertising agency or design firm.
- Advanced understanding of print and signage industry and related terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of print production and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of specification writing.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Process oriented, strong attention to detail.
- Able to handle many jobs at one time.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 9 months ago