This position is responsible for the profitably underwriting all treaty and facultative business and coordinating underwriting and marketing activities on new and renewal opportunities in conjunction with risk appetite and the client strategy for the Credit & Surety Division.
• Profitably underwrite all treaty, special acceptance and facultative business in accordance with department and corporate underwriting guidelines / philosophy and underwriting authority to produce desired profitability.
• Determine pricing, terms and conditions, including the design of structure.
• Assume responsibility for development of the pricing to meet hurdles established by senior management.
• Primary point of contact within MRAm for assigned clients within the Specialty Lines department.
• Provide guidance and direction on portfolio development and management consistent with corporate risk appetite.
• Provide input (proactive involvement) in development of market and product development in conjunction with cross platform group where appropriate.
• Develop enhanced technical product and underwriting expertise with respect to Credit & Surety line of products. Act as a mentor within the department as appropriate.
• Client visits conducted in support of broader marketing strategy.
• Review contract and endorsement wording and insure accuracy.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Actuarial Science or Accounting
- Approx. 10 years of Credit related underwriting experience
- In-depth knowledge of insurance and reinsurance principles and procedures
- A thorough knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Experience with primary Trade Credit, Political Risk, Surety and non-traditional financial products
- Ability to explain complex transaction structures to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with a minimum of 5 years working in a client-focused environment.
- Proven strong risk selection skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thorough knowledge of contract wording
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
- Willingness to travel TBD by SBU
We have been serving insureds and self-insured entities since 1917. In 1996 Munich Reinsurance Company acquired American Re and in September...