Underwrite and manage a portfolio of Professional Liability reinsurance business in accordance with Munich Re America guidelines, strategy and profitability standards. Underwriter is responsible for risk analysis and assessment, coverage evaluation, pricing and contract negotiation in order to maintain and develop a profitable portfolio of professional liability assumed reinsurance business.
- Underwrite new and renewal treaty business, including all tasks associated with risk and coverage analysis, pricing and contract negotiations.
- Conduct underwriting audits of clients in order to provide credible evaluations of the quality of our clients’ and prospects’ books of business.
- Provide responsive service on all broker and client requests, including special acceptances and coverage questions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of pricing models and other risk evaluation models.
- Develop strong market presence by being active in broker marketing and industry meetings.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other functional areas and across the Group, share knowledge by participating in line of business monitoring and product development activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of underwriting strategy for professional liability lines.
- Strong underwriting and pricing knowledge of professional liability lines with focus in Medical Professional including HPL, PPL, Long Term Care PL and Allied Health Professional or non-health related classes such as Management Liability, EPLI, Lawyers, Accountants, Design Professional, Media Professional or Miscellaneous E&O classes.
- Minimum 10 years of primary and reinsurance underwriting experience in total with at least 3 years in reinsurance.
- Ability to handle individual risk exposures in the form of special acceptances and facultative submissions.
- Bachelor’s degree with background in economics, actuarial science, business or accounting.
- RPLU and ARe designation
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 10 months ago