The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
- A Financial Disclosure Statement is Required
Back to top
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a command headquarters level senior program analyst planning, organizing, and determining necessary policies, regulations, directives, programs, doctrine, and procedures for the establishment and maintenance of assigned major command (MAJCOM) programs involving Air Force space/cyberspace operations.
Applying Air Force military space and cyberspace operations experience, analyzes, develops, and evaluates detailed plans, goals, and objectives for long-range implementation of assigned major command program(s).
Documents planning and programming decisions/recommendations in appropriate formats to meet Air Force and Major Command requirements.
Actively participates in strategic planning to improve organizational direction and focus using strategic planning tools and techniques.
Prepares and delivers oral presentations such as briefings, training sessions, consultations, and strategy sessions with other staff service functions and activities to secure cooperation, resolve controversial matters, and convey information relative to proposed changes in assigned program(s).
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) will be paid for all Centrally Managed Positions. This position is Centrally Managed by the Operations Career Field Team
Back to top
The applicant must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service
which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of command level plans and programs for conducting major operations such as Space Situational Awareness & Command and Control; Space Protection; Space Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance; Missile Warning/Defense; MILSATCOM; Space Position, Navigation & Tinting; Space Testing, Training, Tactics & Exercises; Space Launch, Ranges & AF Satellite Control Network Operations: Cyber Integration; Global Information Grid Operations & Defense; Cyber Counter-Threat; Cyber Warfare and associated mission and flight operations, tactical space lift, deployment, mobilization, exercise, training systems, foreign military sales, Planning, Programming, & Budgeting System (PPBE), acquisition, special operations, or similar operations.
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of command level plans and programs for conducting major operations such as Space Situational Awareness & Command and Control; Space Protection; Space Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance; Missile Warning/Defense;
MILSATCOM; Space Position, Navigation & Tinting; Space Testing, Training, Tactics & Exercises; Space Launch, Ranges & AF Satellite Control Network Operations: Cyber Integration; Global Information Grid Operations & Defense; Cyber Counter-Threat; Cyber Warfare and associated mission and flight operations, tactical space lift, deployment,
mobilization, exercise, training systems, foreign military sales, Planning, Programming, & Budgeting System (PPBE), acquisition, special operations, or similar operations.
2. Knowledge of military (including command level) program goals and objectives; the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones; methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions related to actual events; and the relationship of the various command entities involved in overall program planning and execution of military
operations and evaluations.
3. Knowledge of the application of military space/cyberspace operations expertise as they apply to programs and weapons systems.
4. Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies and preparing solutions to especially broad, important, and severe military operational and contingency areas.
5. Ability to plan and organize studies or projects and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relationships.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
2. Air Force space, missile, and/or cyberspace operations experience is highly desirable.
3. Incumbent may be required to acquire and retain Top Secret Clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information access. Position may include additional program security requirements in order to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. If so, incumbent must be willing to submit to a Counter Intelligence Polygraph and mandatory drug testing.
4. This is a drug testing designated position. Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing as a condition of employment.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, March 05, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 849163. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
135 Dover St Ste 1057
PETERSON AFB ,
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...