Under supervision by the Program Manager who serves as the lead, assist with training grant and DEB graduate student support. Process orders, vendor invoices, direct charges, and travel and entertainment reimbursements. Coordinate and schedule meetings and events. Provide phone and desk reception. Provide occasional administrative support to the Directors of the UC Systemwide Biotechnology Research and Education Program (UC BREP), a multi-campus research unit co-housed with the UCD Biotechnology Program.
- Utilize computer and keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Maneuver general office supplies, equipment and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Frequently transport AV equipment and supplies to and from events.
Background Check Required:
- Work in an open space environment with office noise and constant interruptions.
- Restricted vacation during peak periods.
- Work occasional overtime during weekdays and weekends.
- Travel out of town occasionally.
- Valid California Drivers License required to transport equipment and supplies to and from meetings.
- This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience providing administrative support in a business office environment.
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access, various graphics programs, Adobe software and email.
- Skills to utilize automated financial information systems.
- Experience coordinating travel arrangements and processing travel and entertainment reimbursements.
- Experience in event coordination.
- Typing and proofreading skills to produce email, documents, proposals and reports with attention to spelling and grammar usage.
Quick Link To This Position:
- Experience with DaFIS, UCD purchasing card and MyTravel.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Experience researching information on the internet.
- Experience with databases.
- General understanding of the science behind genetically modified organisms.
University of California, Davis - 20 months ago
The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system in the...