This position is an integral member of the Care Management multi-disciplinary process team designed to develop physician directed best practice guidelines, define measures of patient care through the development and reporting of clinical quality indicators, and optimize efficient delivery of care. The goal of the position is to improve quality, service, process, clinical efficiency and cost by providing opportunity identification through data systems and reporting. The goal is to improve quality, service, process efficiency, clinical efficiency and cost by providing opportunity identification, data sources, data collection, data analysis, workflow analysis, statistical analysis, benchmark determination, process improvement design, training, coordination, and measurement of outcomes, written and graphic reports and data presentation.
The Program Director, Clinical Quality Informatics provides oversight and leadership on enterprise-wide information technology development as it relates to clinical quality and is responsible for the management and development of the Quality and Infection Prevention enterprise IT systems used by Corporate Care Management and hospital Quality Management and Infection Control Departments. This position functions as a liaison between Care Management and the EHR Alliance – Clinical Informatics team to establish centralized education processes, ensure the effective use of IT tools and improve core measure and clinical quality measure data submission efficacy to regulatory agencies. This position will have close collaboration with executive business stakeholders, multiple cross functional departments and external vendors.
Dignity Health corporate is the system office for 41 hospitals as well as other subsidiary corporations located in California, Arizona and Nevada. The Dignity Health System office provides system-wide services in the areas of strategic planning, information systems, centralized self-insurance programs, risk management, short and long term financing, tax reporting, human resources, legal, financial and statistical reporting, care management, productivity improvement, advocacy, communications, managed care, and mission effectiveness.
At all times, the individual in the position is accountable to contain the Vision, Mission, and Values of Dignity Health while exiting consistent performance through actions and excellent customer service.
Reports : The Sr. IT Clinical Implementation Specialist and Clinical Application Specialist for Infection Prevention report to this position directly.
Clinical Quality Informatics
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Liaison
- Develops and implements strategic clinical quality informatics plan in collaboration with Corporate Care Management executives
- Delivers quality data to support enterprise Performance Improvement initiatives and Clinical Quality reporting across the system
- Leads the standardization of IT clinical content across the organization and collaborates with various subject matter experts and facilitates advisory councils for assigned applications and clinical groups
- Serves as clinical quality data expert, clinical liaison, and leader
- Provides expert knowledge and management in the development and maintenance of data systems to assure correctness and accuracy of databases and information presented in reports
- Applies professional organization standards to guide standard and workflow development
- Understands regulatory compliance requirements that will impact IT projects (e.g., Meaningful Use, CMS, Joint Commission, CDC and related compliance organizations)
- Assures clinical content is developed and maintained in accordance with state, federal, accrediting body statues, regulatory agencies, industry standards and corporate policies and procedures
Quality and Infection Prevention Enterprise IT System Development
- Functions as liaison between Care Management and the EHR Alliance – Clinical Informatics team to establish centralized education and ongoing training processes, ensure the effective use of IT tools and improve core measure and clinical quality measure data submission efficacy to regulatory agencies
- Documents business process and develops high level technical designs
- Works with IT team on technology assessment, vendor selection and solutions optimization
- Participates in planning, analysis design, testing, validation, implementation of EHR and other IT solutions and establishes training materials to educate clinicians/quality coordinators
- Communicates within and across various teams including but not limited to core system builders, corporate clinical leaders and multidisciplinary teams
- Provides feedback to application vendor to support future enhancements
- Troubleshoots with support as needed on user issues with design; collects records and leads in root cause and problem resolution
- Supervises Sr. IT Clinical Implementation Specialist and Clinical Applications Specialist – Infection Control
- Provides strategic and tactical guidance to Care Management executives and Midas business and IT team members in the design and development of the Midas application portfolio to support business system goals, priorities and initiatives
- Directs enterprise wide design, development, implementation and training of Care Management components in Midas including Quality Management, Infection Prevention, Patient Experience, Patient Safety and Clinical Operations
- Provides leadership to the Midas team on ancillary interface projects (e.g., ED, Surgery, Lab, Pharmacy, VTE, ICU) including design, testing, validation and training
- Oversees regulatory reporting by Infection Preventionists using the NHSN application
- Assesses Midas system training needs as they relate to Care and Quality Management
- Develops training plan, training materials, and other educational materials for Quality Management, Medical Staff, Patient Experience, Infection Prevention, Patient Safety and Regulatory/Compliance Midas users and super users.
- Provides assistance relative to technical skill sets for staff and incorporates them into associated training.
- Conducts trainings (on-site, virtual, WebEx, individually or for groups).
About Dignity Health
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field (required), Master’s (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science /Health Informatics/Information Technology, Master’s (preferred)
- Active clinical license/CPHQ certification
- Experience with Cerner Electronic Health Record, lighthouse products and power insights (preferred)
- At least 1 year experience in multi-facility, multi-state organizations
- 2 years Previous experience in a supervisory or management role in health care
- 5 years previous experience with design, implementation and support of IT clinical systems
- Develop and manage the training, education, and instruction of clinical users on new features (including system upgrades), operation, and usage of software systems.
- Work with hospital staff to grow in their duties as valuable and knowledgeable assets of Care Management to Dignity Health (mission)
- Expertise using Midas CPMS/DataVision/Care Management
- Analytical skills required to collect information from diverse sources, interpret results and apply knowledge of best practices in the development of solutions for process and product improvement
- Previous experience with complex IT Project Management (Gnatt chart, project plan, resourcing, etc)
- Effective interpersonal, team building and listening skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, Work, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Dignity Health, headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2011, Dignity Health provided $1.4 billion in charity care, community benefit and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org . Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.
Dignity Health - 15 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...