The Programmer II responds to service order requests for Prism and assigns and programs the service. This Programmer II assigns, programs and handles calls in a call center environment. All work requires the employee to provide accurate information and complete service orders by accessing various support systems and devices.
· The Programmer II is responsible for the assignment and programming of Prism services.
· This includes assigning all outside plant and central office facilities, single and multiline.
· The Programmer II verifies and completes service orders by service level agreements, resulting in quality service in a timely manner.
· Duties include programming of services and features in various Digital Switches (DMS10/100, GTD5, Alcatel Lucent 5ESS, etc.), programming of service in High Speed Internet Devices, programming of Prism, and other programming related functions. Work is done in Martens, Ensemble, and various other systems.
· The Programmer II deals with internal as well as external customers and any other duties assigned to them by the Supervisor.
· Experience working in a technical call center or customer contact environment.
· Strong computer system knowledge including familiarity with multi-screen applications using web-based programs.
· Troubleshooting experience via computer based systems and programs.
· Teamwork skills, both within work group & other depts.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evening, weekends, and holiday hours.
· Ability to multi-task while taking calls.
· Must be able to work overtime when needed.
· Outside and inside Plant knowledge and assignment experience.
· Ensemble and Martens knowledge.
· Previous working experience in telecommunications .
· Working knowledge of existing support systems and internet applications such as High Speed Internet and Prism Platforms.
· Working knowledge of Digital switches and their provisioning.
· Strong understanding of PRISM/IPTV Programming and trouble shooting.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...