Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker
Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading
producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and
inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and
engine systems and components for the aerospace
industry. We design and build equipment for virtually
every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers
look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher
reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the
positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both
our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of
core company values. As a result, our business growth is
impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members
share in the success that results from that growth.
Project Engineer - Innovation
As part of the Winnovation team, this Project Engineer
will interface with marketing and other Parker
Divisions, along with customers in translating market
needs and trends into the development and introduction
of innovative products. This role researches new product
ideas, methods, and practices relating to company
products based on marketing and engineering directives;
initialize development or co-develop technologies with
other Parker Divisions that will have direct application
to control products; and provide technology transfer, as
needed, to Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality
1. Responsible for development of next
generation/breakthrough products and process technology
in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
2. Drive the Design process from conception to pilot
testing, scaleup, and commercialization.
3. Interface with Winnovation team to translate market
needs and trends into technology programs and goals.
4. Conduct coordinated discovery interviews with OEM’s
and users in selected target market segments in concert
with cross functional team. Will interface with various
customer personnel to determine both articulated and
unarticulated needs in order to develop products that
meet/exceed customer needs while maximizing value in
5. Understand the competitive landscape (product
offerings and IP) and use the information to develop
value added and differentiated products.
6. Work closely with the manufacturing team to implement
new technology. Will conduct research on new
technologies available outside of Parker.
7. Consult on technical and product quality related
issues as required.
8. Address customer product quality issues as they arise
by working closely with marketing, and manufacturing
teams and solving technical problems.
9. Leverage core competencies of Parker to provide quick
and effective solutions to customers.
10. Responsible for implementing project accountability
activities as part of all major projects. These include
maintenance of project files for assigned projects,
development and maintenance of project timetables,
formalized Design Reviews (PFS vs. Actual), Failure Mode
and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Project financial analysis
and product validation (Test).
11. Will work closely with the Marketing Manager to
develop profitability goals and will be accountable for
achieving these goals.
12. Create design layouts and detail individual parts.
13. Design and carry out experiments that scientifically
confirm performance, reliability, durability, and
14. Create prototype drawings and monitor prototype
15. Perform other duties as responsibilities
16. Estimated 25% travel will be required for this.
of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering principles.
- BSME/BSEE or related degree with a solid understanding
bringing to market innovative products.
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated success in identifying and
control systems and components. Knowledge of compact
- Hands on industry knowledge with an emphasis on motion
hydraulic systems and components.
- Track record of New Product Development success and
(coordinate, document, track, organize, timeline
- Program Management skills for new product development
development and management.
levels of people both internal and external.
- Presentation Skills. Ability to interact with all
handle multiple functions simultaneously.
- Excellent Organizational Skills with the ability to
existing outside technologies. Conveying all known
- Excellent Communication and listening skills.
- Research necessary to determine patentability.
- Handle all initial patent disclosure and IP of new or
patent and IP research to internal organization.
selection and product.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, materials
development, DCP's and AQP Process.
- Solid understanding of DFMEA, PFMEA, process flow
CAD experience preferred.)
- PC literate (MS Office, Lotus Notes and Solid Model
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your
online application at parker.com/careers referencing job
title/code. A cover letter summarizing experience
against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident status required
Req. Code : 13195
Division/Department : AAG - Central Group Irvine
% of Travel Required : 20-30%
Skills : Engineering - > R & D, Project Management,
Other Skills : In addition, knowledge of composite
materials, plastics and metals considered a plus.
Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning...