Zachry Industrial, Inc. (ZII), based, in San Antonio, TX, is a family-owned, privately held company dedicated to the planning, building, and renewing of emerging energy, power, cement, refining, and pulp and paper facilities. As an industrial engineering, construction, and maintenance provider, we pride ourselves on a nearly 85-year history that has led to more than 6,000 completed projects in the United States and abroad.
As the largest direct-hire, merit shop contractor in the United States, we realize our most important asset is our people-which is why safety remains our highest priority and most important corporate value. Zachry Industrial, Inc. is a business base in trust, integrity, service, and commitment to our customers and employees. We know that it takes a collaborative, practical and visionary force of people to achieve the Zachry standard.
Zachry Industrial, Inc. is currently seeking Project Environmental Managers for various locations. The Project Environmental Manager works at the construction site and manages all project site environmental compliance activities as required by government regulations, permits obtained by the Project Owner and delegated by contract to ZII, permits obtained by ZII, its affiliates or partnering companies, and other requirements as may be approved by the Manager, Environmental Services. The Project Environmental Manager coordinates work on the site with project management and various crafts and departments as necessary to maintain compliance and is the site liaison with the project owner's environmental management. Responsibilities may include supervision of Site Environmental Coordinators/Inspectors as may be assigned to the Project. Other responsibilities include:
- Liaison with Owners Site Environmental Manager on compliance issues
- Implementation and update of the Site Environmental Management Plan
- Daily site inspections including preparation of reports
- Permit management and implementation - air and water
- Coordination of corrective action for compliance deficiencies
- Spill response and mitigation including preparation of incident reports
- Perform personnel orientation and training in environmental responsibilities
- Subcontractor coordination
- Waste storage, handling and disposal management according to government regulations
- Supervision of site inspectors (where inspector assigned to project)
- Petroleum storage and handling oversight including fuel storage tanks, solvent drums and containers and lubricants.
- Permit procurement and environmental procedures preparation as coordinated with the Manager, Environmental Services.
- Animal and endangered species control
- Material recordkeeping and storage oversight
- Work outdoors 50 to 60%
Zachry Industrial Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- College degree in Environmental or Technical Field, or education and experience commensurate with job requirements.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in construction and environmental work is preferred
- Knowledgeable of the many construction project site environmental compliance issues and applicable regulations including but not limited to storm water permitting, spill prevention and management, wetlands, process water control, waste storage and disposal, and fuel storage.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Technical writing skills necessary for preparation of inspection reports, memos andother documents requiring descriptions and summaries
- Personable and able to work with all levels of construction project crafts and management personnel to successfully coordinate and complete work requirements.
- Self-starter able to take charge with minimum supervision
Zachry - 16 months ago
Zachry plans, builds, and maintains major facilities in the power, cement, and nuclear sectors. The holding company for Zachry Engineering,...