After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 107th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 137th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 15%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
This role is responsible for planning, monitoring, and delivery of project work. Success will be measured by the ability to complete a project on-time, within budget and to business unit’s requirements.
• Facilitate the creation of:
o Project Charter
o Work Breakdown Structure
o Responsibility Matrix
o Project Schedule and Plan
• Assist sponsors in developing a Project Proposal Packet
• Manage the project planning process
• Estimate task duration
• Control the execution of a project
• Maintain the project plan through the life of the project
• Track the project budget
• Identify and track project risks
• Assist the organization in learning from project experiences for future project execution
• Capture and report metrics on the project progress and performance
• Work with functional managers to determine required personnel with proper skills to establish a project team
• Help identify and work with stakeholders
• Maintain all documentation for the project
• Execute change control procedures to manage scope of project
• Present project status to business leaders
• Other tasks as assigned by manager
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree preferred, Associate Degree with equivalent experience considered
• Experience in running a Project or Program Management Office
• 2 years experience providing leadership for company-wide projects
• Ability to present concepts clearly and plainly
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• PMI Certification preferred
• This job is generally conducted in normal office environment.
• On-going training and education will be required
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Competitive Salary
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...