The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
PROJECT OVERSIGHT & STRATEGIC ANALYST
(Information Technology Specialist 4)
TSG/Information Technology Group
Work Location: 206 S. 17th Ave., Phoenix, AZ
This position will remain open until filled. The first review of resumes will be October 19, 2012. Resumes received after this date will be reviewed if necessary.
Position Description: The position will report to the Project Investment Justification (PIJ) Coordination and Measurements Supervisor and under limited supervision is responsible for:
The position may be required to drive a state or private vehicle in the conduct of state business.
- Developing the Department's Strategic IT Plan in alignment with business area requirements and legislative mandates.
- Establishing, maintaining and monitoring operational and strategic performance measures.
- Leading process improvement initiatives.
- Directing and participating in the development of IT policies, standards and procedures.
- Acts as ADOT's liaison and Project Investment (PIJ) Coordinator.
- Reviewing and revising as necessary all PIJ and related project documents submitted to ASET, ensuring compliance with related requirements.
- Training and mentoring staff members in the preparation of PIJ documents, project status reports and in the design of meaningful performance measures.
- Monitoring IT project performance to ensure timely and accurate status reporting and advises management of risks and issues as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic planning and performance measurement concepts.
- Best practices within the IT industry.
- Project management principles and practices sufficient to determine adequacy of performance, effectiveness of planning, completeness of work definitions and conformance with specifications.
- Computer hardware and software components and functions.
- System development life cycle.
- Budget and fiscal policies and procedures, procurement rules and regulations.
- Department and state policies, procedures, programs and business goals.
- Total cost of ownership principles, earned value performance indicators, work effort and cost estimation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Oral, written and listening skills.
- Leadership, organizational and planning skills.
- Problem definition and alternative analysis skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Business accounting and budgeting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Work management and work leadership skills.
Ideal Candidate: Will possess at least 5 years of experience in a similar position with proper supervision and training and/or by education through a business related curriculum.
- Problem definition and alternative analysis.
- Project management with multiple complex topics.
- Computer system development methodologies and analysis methods.
Preferred Candidate: Will possess a PMP or CAPM certification.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless other wise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona
- 2 years ago - save job