Provides analytical and specialized administrative support to the Director of Transplant Immunology and Scientific Directory of the Center for Immunobiology Research. Responsible for project management as assigned, including leading, coordinating and completing projects related to strategic, financial, and business development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists with federal and foundation grant mechanisms and regulation
2. Assists with faculty, staff and trainee recruiting
3. Responsible for the completion and management of projects as assigned.
4. Assists in the development and management of operational and capital budgets.
5. Assists in the development of the strategic planning & business planning processes and activities related to TMHRI services.
6. Analyzes and assesses present and future needs, trends, challenges, and opportunities related to TMHRI operations.
7. Identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement and business development in accordance with hospital leadership.
8. Assists in the development of long term tactics and strategies for TMHRI.
9. Fosters a 'customer focused' environment.
10. Serves on related task forces and committees as directed.
11. Participates in, and may direct, problem definition and resolution activities.
12. Utilizes a variety of software applications to create/compose both non-routine and sensitive senior management level communications and reports.
13. Responsible for knowledge transfer to other staff and may review technical work of other staff.
14. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
15. Demonstrates ServicePride Standards.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. MHA, MBA, or related degree preferred.
1. 5+ years experience in healthcare finance/operations
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge with federal grant applications and regulations
2. Experience with People Soft application
3. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
5. Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
7. Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
8. Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
See attached physical activities checklist.
1. The working environment is varied to include general office, with normal amount of lifting, carrying and walking.
2. Demonstrates the ability to use computer technology to review and analyze data, plan and communicate.
Methodist Hospital System - 13 months ago