Description of the Position:
The Promotions Representative is responsible for providing excellent guest service and support on the casino floor during special events and promotions. This position will bring a lively, dynamic and engaging energy to all promotions and special events on property.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Participate in the preparation and executive of all Promotions and Special Events including tournaments, drawings and parties.
• Work within a team to ensure that all items needed to carry out the promotion and/or special event are in the appropriate place in a timely manner.
• Responsible for adhering to established cash control policies and procedures.
• Responsible for issuing appropriate prizes (cash and/or Moreplay) to guests.
• Perform on stage while utilizing a microphone for announcements, wearing a costume based on the theme of the promotion and dancing for guests.
• Interact with internal and external guests while establishing a rapport and answering general questions on the casino floor.
• Maintain detailed knowledge of all promotions and special events in order to effectively explain them to guests.
• Maintain a maximum level of high energy along with a positive and upbeat attitude.
• Responsible for providing 10-4-10 service to guests by exceeding guest needs and expectations at all times.
• Create a WOW factor for all guest interactions.
• Operate office equipment including computer, copier, fax machines and calculators, using 10-key as needed.
• Provide new ideas for ongoing promotions and special events.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year of guest service experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Neat penmanship.
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, holiday, and graveyard shifts as needed.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to use commonsense understanding to interpret and carry an extensive variety of instructions in written, oral and/or diagram form.
• Must use good judgment when providing information to our guests.
• Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Valley View Casino & Hotel’s communication tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member may be required to stand, walk, and sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud while on the casino floor.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.