This position assists in writing, editing, and coordinating proposals and other marketing materials to support business development efforts for the organization. Under direction of the Director of Proposal Development, this position responds to requests for proposals (RFPs) determined to be within the company’s scope and field of operations within extremely tight deadlines including writing narratives in response to the RFP, developing templates for proposals per RFP or RFQ instructions; and developing and maintaining databases of responses, boilerplates, resumes, and past performance information. Interfaces with functional or subject matter experts, facility administrators, corporate executives, and various departments to respond to questions and complete proposals in a timely manner. Assists in business development and marketing research as deemed necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and disseminates key RFP requirements and develops outlines and timelines for effective completion. Distributes to RFP team members as necessary.
- Manages and leads RFP meetings articulating key requirements and timelines to proposal team members.
- Writes and edits content for timely and accurate proposal submissions, soliciting input from key departments as needed.
- Edits documents for grammar, style, and content. Monitors, supports, or attends all production phases of project to maintain consistency, provides overall quality control including completeness, color correction, formatting, accuracy, tabbing, binding, packaging, and compliance with proposal submission guidelines
- Researches project background or other information. Conducts research on various project issues, including but not limited to proposed facility, neighborhood, project city, related community services available to future clients, and zoning ordinances and related requirements so that community approval and participation is assured.
- Prints RFP and creates binders, separates contents with folders, and refers to the Director of Development for review and submit to appropriate management.
- Tracks, monitors, schedules federal, state, or municipal RFPs of interest to the company to ensure responses are timely and deadlines are met.
- Monitors, screens, disseminates and archives information found on websites when searching for posted bids, Requests for Proposals (RFP's) or new business opportunities that could be of interest for the organization. In some cases, registering for bid notifications may be required.
- Coordinates the development of job descriptions, resumes, facility organization charts, and staff deployment plans with various departments to include Operations and Human Resources.
- Assists in coordinating the development of staffing charts and narratives in conjunction with operations department.
- Coordinates annual facility information surveys for boilerplate updates. Assists in maintenance and updating of boilerplate material, soliciting departmental input.
- Assimilate materials into the final presentation to ensure a complete, professional package is submitted by the deadline. May required to personally deliver finished products.
- Maintains resource library and proposal archives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The GEO Group, Inc. - 5 months ago
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a provider of government-outsourced services specializing in the management of correctional, detention and...