CARE USA seeks experienced proposal writers who would be available to perform immediate short-term consultant assignments in collaboration with several CARE Country Offices around the world. This is to ensure the successful development, completion and responsiveness to USAID-funded proposals.
Responsibilities include managing the development process in collaboration with the country office program department, developing and managing a timeline and outline for the technical and cost proposals, managing team communications through meetings and email, collect and track all proposal related information, and disseminating information to all core team members, attending strategy meetings and writing sections of the proposal as needed; Working with Proposal Development Team, Technical Staff and Consultants to ensure proposals are developed in accordance with CARE proposal development process; Communicating with partner organizations about CARE proposal policies, procedures, standard forms, and requirements for the RFA/P and facilitating communications within the proposal team.
· Demonstrated experience in winning USAID proposals with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS, PEPFAR and other social sector services.
· Demonstrated experience in winning USAID proposals with emphasis on Economic Development/Good governance sector in four main areas (i. income generation, ii. municipal planning iii. IDP housing iv. disaster preparedness)
· Familiarity with major US donor procedures and document expectations for RFA/RFA, IOCs, Task Orders, etc
· Working experience with international organizations.
· Demonstrable writing and oral communication skills.
· Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and quality.
· Fluency in English - Multiple languages a plus.
· USAID and USG experience is a plus.
Highly qualified candidates will have a Masters Degree (or equivalent experience) in international development field or public health. If interested, provide writing samples as attachments (EXCERPTS of winning proposals you have developed are preferable).
Care.org - 9 months ago