XLA is looking for a Contract Specialist to support the U.S. Agency for International Development, Democracy Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance Bureau (USAID/DCHA) in Washington, D.C. This individual will join our project team located in Washington, D.C. to provide support to USAID offices in the contracting of humanitarian response personnel worldwide. Specific duties include:
o Responsible for the producing and drafting all contract documents including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for assigned actions;
- Coordinates assigned PSC Contract actions in advance of the start date/anniversary date:
o Ensures that all contract and contract documents are error-free and accurate;
o Ensures performance evaluations are completed on time;
o Monitor upcoming PSC actions and deadlines, and ensures all assigned contracts/tasks are completed in a timely manner;
o Responsible for producing and routing all contract actions through GLAAS to the Contracting Officer;
o Serve as the primary POC for DCHA, OAA and the PSC on all aspects and execution of contract and contract modifications for assigned actions;
o Ensures that all reports are accurate, complete and timely;
- Provides administrative support duties including scanning, copying, filing, and other administrative support as needed;
- Liaises with DCHA offices and with the OAA Contracting Officers;
- Responds to DCHA and OAA inquires on PSC contract status, progress and issues;
- Provides ad hoc and regular reports to OAA and/or DCHA;
Successful candidates must be reliable, highly organized, motivated, and able to excel in a deadline-oriented work environment. S/he will have excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent customer service skills, and super computer skills. S/he will be capable of carrying out additional duties/responsibilities in the event of short-term absence of Contract Team members or if additional assistance is needed.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with USG, Agency and office standards;
- Ensures assigned PSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, USG and DCHA regulations, laws, standards, procedures;
- Attends relevant DCHA office meetings and discussions;
- Proposes ways in which PSC contracts can be improved and/or processes can be streamlined;
- Participates in trainings and other opportunities as relevant to the position and role;
- Supports team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ability to interact with co-workers and clients face to face and in meeting settings is required.
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience
- Government contracting experience (FAR and AIDAR) including demonstrated understanding and of and experience with applicable laws, rules, regulations and procedures governing contracting operations
- Experience performing and completing miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Experience with basic Human Resources personnel intake processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Superior computer skills (MS 2010 Office Suite in a network environment - a skills test may be required)
- Customer service outlook and approach
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to new tasks or tasks that change frequently
- Ability to complete tasks independently and in a timely manner
- Ability to obtain an Interim and Final DoD SECRET security clearance
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (equivalent work experience may be considered)
Clearance Requirements: Secret
Location: Washington, DC
Travel Required: None
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
XLA, Inc. is an award-winning government services provider with more than 500 employees both domestically and internationally. Our core competencies are Program Management Support Services, Engineering & Technical Services and International Program Support Services. These core competencies define XLA. As agencies face declining budgets and a rising demand for services, XLA provides the continuous support needed to overcome those challenges.
Our employees are our top priority at XLA. We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing interactive programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today’s busy professionals.
XLA’s benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(K) with company matching, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonuses and Tuition Reimbursement. In addition, XLA employees enjoy observance of all Federal holidays, a family-friendly environment and wellness programs.
Thank you for your interest in XLA, Inc.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
XLA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.