PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Participant Service Center (PSC) Associate is primarily responsible for handling inbound telephone inquiries from retirement plan participants and responding to various client service related topics including but not limited to, account maintenance, balance information, processing financial transactions, offering appropriate products and services, and providing appropriate education regarding a participant’s retirement plan. The PSC Associate is also responsible for providing service excellence to participants by researching individual account activity to resolve participant and plan related issues in a timely manner and following up as necessary.
o Optimize the client experience by providing an exceptional level of service to retirement plan participants by fielding inbound telephone inquiries regarding service related topics; utilize online resources & tools to answer participant questions; accept and accurately process transactions without error including but not limited to, investment mix allocation changes, exchanges, loans, salary deferral changes, and pre-authorized withdrawals; perform quality review of all transactions processed to verify accuracy.
o Utilize a consultative service model to build and enhance relationships with retirement plan participants; ask questions to understand the participant’s situation before taking appropriate action or discussing investment options, plan details and general account questions; demonstrate developmental growth by engaging in coaching sessions with Supervisors and other coaches and promptly and effectively implementing feedback received.
o Take ownership of participant and plan related issues by researching historical account activity and interacting with various internal parties including but not limited to Supervisors, Retirement Plan Coordinators, and Retirement Plan processing associates to resolve the issue; promptly follow up with participants via outbound telephone calls; follow through appropriately with internal parties via telephone calls and email as needed.
o Enhance client relationships by appropriately identifying opportunities and presenting value added services such as online account access and consolidation of outside retirement plan assets into existing plans with T. Rowe Price; appropriately identify opportunities to retain retirement plan participants and assets and transfer calls to the appropriate group to build upon the current relationship.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with diverse internal and external parties
- Experience effectively handling customer questions and addressing customer issues
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and complete tasks as assigned
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Flexibility to work overtime and varied shifts as requested
- Demonstrated competency in Windows based environment, keyboarding proficiency, internet savvy and use of web-based systems
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 4 year undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
- Previous professional experience in the financial services industry
- Previous professional experience in an inbound customer service contact center (call center) role
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Demonstrated ability to read and speak the English (required) & Spanish languages (bilingual)
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...