- Job Summary
- The Polysomnograph (PSG) Technician II performs standard sleep studies as directed according to established practices. Demonstrates a commitment to professional accountability and growth to maintain and expand knowledge and skills. Contributes to the achievement of the mission and philosophy of the Organization. Contributes to the effective operations of the Organization by demonstrating dependability in job performance. Exhibits the F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a well-lighted, ventilated and air conditioned area. Must be able to push/pull more than 100 lbs. and lift more than 50 lbs., perform difficult manipulative skills, and perform tasks, which require hand-eye coordination and arm-hand steadiness. Must be able to walk, sit, and stand extensively, remain in uncomfortable positions for long periods, visually discriminate far away and close objects and colors, and hear and distinguish normal sounds.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of one year of college biology and psychology preferred.
- Experience: Preferred experience to include respiratory therapy, EEG, polysomnography. Understanding of digital technology is preferred
- EQUIPMENT USED/SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Should have working knowledge of computers.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- RPSGT preferred (this certification requires minimum 18 months work experience). Must have current CPR certification.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center - 14 months ago