- ***THIS POSITION IS ON CALL- 20 HOURS A WEEK***
• Ensures proper operations of mail processing unit and related interfaces with scanning, cashiers and patient service representatives.
• Assists hospital mail pick up and delivery as needed.
The Patient Accounting Billing Assistant reports to the Director of Patient Financial Services.
• High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience
• Minimum one year in an office environment preferred
• Typing and computer literacy
• Reading and writing skills, organizing and filing, professional phone etiquette.
• Must have valid drivers license, proof of current auto insurance and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Valid California or Nevada Driver’s license (depending on state of employee’s residence) or ability to obtain prior to start date
• Three year DMV printout showing clean driving record
• Proof of current vehicle registration
• Sufficient computer skills as are required to complete an online application and the pre-employment/annual Net Learning requirements
• In compliance with patient safety standards, must be able to effectively communicate in English; Bilingual abilities preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position without compromising services.
• Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Routine Office/Administrative conditions
• Contact with patients and guests under a wide variety of circumstances
• Potential for exposure to the risk of infections and bloodborne and contagious diseases
• Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, including the handling of emergency or crisis situations
• Subject to pressure due to irregular hours, frequent interruptions and stressful situations due to multiple demands
- (1) High School Diploma or equivalent
Barton HealthCare System - 17 months ago