Orlando Sentinel has been serving the Central Florida market for over 130 years and is part of the Tribune Company, one of the most respected media companies in the world. Our people are our greatest asset; your vision, innovation, and passion is what makes us successful. Come grow with us and be a part of our WINNING TEAM!
ABOUT THE JOB
Join our fun, and exciting call center to assist in increasing newspaper subscription sales for the Orlando Sentinel and other Tribune newspapers (LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Hartford Courant, Morning Call, Daily Press, and Sun-Sentinel.) via the telephone. You will be cold calling new customers (leads provided), contacting previous customers who are inactive, and also contacting current customers to upgrade them or extend their current contract.
APPLY ONLINE OR CONTACT 407-420-5374
BE A PART OF OUR NEXT TRAINING CLASS ON MONDAY AUGUST 20TH!
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR PM SHIFT ONLY!
- Hourly vs. commission; whichever is higher - No cap on commissions, (Unlimited Earning Potential)
- Average earnings are $10-$12/hr
- $8/hr. Paid Training for 4 weeks
- One week of Mandatory training is required upon acceptance of this position. Training hours are Monday - Friday from 12 - 5:00pm.
- Convenient 4 hour shifts (ability to work up to 32hrs a week w/ approval)
- Monday - Friday schedule
- PM Shift (5:00 - 9pm)
- All shifts work every other Saturday (9am - 1pm)
After working 1000 hours in a calendar year you will be entitled to
- Employee Referral Reward
- Weekly Prizes, Spiffs, and Giveaways!
- Prequalified Leads
- Orlando Sentinel Home delivery subscription discount
- On-site exercise facility
- Full-Service Cafeteria
- Credit Union Access
- 24-Hour Learning Center
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Potential Career Advancement
o Paid Vacation
o 401(k) with company contributions
Selling or Influencing Others:
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe Tribune company products, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods.
- Explain products and prices, and answer questions from customers.
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others:
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries in order to continuously improve the customer service and sales process.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Identify and escalate call issues and/or problems so that corrective action can be pursued and expedited as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other sales representatives and supervisor to ensure that best-practices are shared .
At least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
High school diploma or equivalent.
At least 1 year of Professional Experience in a Sales or Quota-Driven Environment, such as a call center.
Must be able to attend a one week mandatory training program.
Training hours are Monday through Friday from noon to 5:00pm.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Excellent phone presentation skills and communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner.
Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office and Internet.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak call times.
The Orlando Sentinel is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or membership in any other legally protected class.
Apply for this job:
Email this job to a friend
Orlando Sentinel Media Group - 23 months ago