In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is part time in South Burlington, VT.
Provide excellent, effective and immediate customer service by responding to inquiries and requests from customers by telephone, mail, email and live chat. Provide customers support and information relating to all banking products and services offered by Merchants Bank, including online banking, mobile and text banking. Provide the ultimate customer service experience by happily resolving issues timely and efficiently with respect and dignity.
Principal Duties and Objectives
1. Receive and respond to inquiries from customers by telephone, mail and email. Including but not limited to:
a. Basic deposit account and loan inquiries including initiating transfer requests, debit card functions/access, account reconciliation, etc.
b. Problem resolution including conducting research.
c. Providing current interest rates and yields, and information about all Banks products and services.
d. Cross sell products when appropriate.
2. Provide support to customers for Bank’s online banking and bill pay products.
3. Maintain thorough knowledge of all products and services available to both commercial and retail customers including online banking services. Make recommendations for new or modified products/services to meet the customer’s individual banking needs.
4. Initiate/process debit card disputes upon customer request.
5. Cross train in all department functions.
6. Saturday hours required on rotation basis.
7. Make outbound customer calls as needed; debit card fraud, promotion of services.
8. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Minimum one year experience working with computer systems. This includes working knowledge of the Internet, Windows environment, Word and Excel. AS400 knowledge helpful.
2. Minimum one year experience in customer service related position. Strong interpersonal skills in order to positively represent the Bank.
3. Strong written, verbal, and listening skills.
4. Minimum 6 months experience in financial operations, investment and/or loan environments.
5. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and execute decisions.
6. Ability to work productively as a team member, as well as, independently.
7. Ability to work in a fast paced, call center environment.
Merchants Bank VT - 14 months ago