Job Duties Include: A Field Physical therapist is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care services under a physician’s plan of care and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Walgreens Infusion and Respiratory Services, the state’s professional standards, and regulatory entities. The Field Physical Therapist is responsible for collaboratively establishing and implementing the care plan, educating patients/caregivers and evaluating the patient’s progress toward goals. Demonstrates competency in patient care standards required for safe delivery of service as evidenced by completion of orientation and physical therapy checklist. Will be competent in Patient assessments including the application of diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests Home environment assessments and Clinical Documentation.
Manages time effectively to deliver accurate and appropriate patient care. Arranges daily activities with regard to patient safety and team communication. Collaboratively develops and implements the patient’s Plan of Care. Effectively supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and coordinates paraprofessionals in the home i.e. HHA. Effectively communicates with agency staff, physician, patients, and family under the direction of the patient’s physician, instructs the patient and care giver in a prescribed occupational therapy program to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability following a disease, injury or loss of a body part and in a manner consistent with scientific principles and agency policy.
Instructs the patients and their families in the use of prosthetics, orthotic and assistive devices. Reports to the physician and agency supervisor the patient’s reaction to treatment and/or any changes in the patient’s condition and need. Prepares and submits clinical documentation outlining services rendered and patient’s progress towards goals within the required time frame. Participates and attends required in-services. Attends appropriate case/care conferences. Attends in-service presentations as required by Walgreens Infusion and Respiratory Services. Attends all educational offerings necessary to maintain professional license. Assists with clinical chart audits and performance improvement assignments as needed.
- Graduate of a physical therapy school approved by the Council of Medical Education of the AMA in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association or its equivalent.
- Required licensure by the State Physical Therapy Board.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Willing to travel 100% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Previous home health care experience.
- At least 1 year experience as a physical therapist.
Walgreens - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...