Under the direction of the License Center Supervisor, the License Clerk is responsible for providing direct licensing, title, registration and passport services for walk-ins and/or all telephone transactions. Evaluates, prepares, and processes, Minnesota ID card, passport, game and fish Driver's License requests and applications as well as Department of Natural Resources (DNR) recreational vehicle and motor vehicle titles and registrations. Responds to public inquiries and requests for information in a proficient and accurate manner.
This is a part-time position averaging 20 hours per week.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluates, prepares, and processes motor vehicle titles and registration applications.
• Processes Driver's License and Minnesota ID card applications
• Responds to public inquiries and requests for information.
• Evaluates, prepares, and processes Department of Natural Resources (DNR) recreational vehicle titles and registrations.
• Processes game and fish licenses and passport applications.
• Performs other comparable duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED and two (2) years related work experience in the public sector or equivalent of education and experience. Prefer two (2) years in an area related to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Motor Vehicles, or Driver's License Division.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS:
Applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked based on the supplemental questions. The highest ranked candidate(s) will be invited to the scored oral examination (interview) and any required performance/ability tests required demonstrating proficiency for the position (if applicable). The Finalist will be subject to a credit, background and criminal history check.
Carver County, MN - 16 months ago