We are looking for an experienced Nail Technician to join our team at the Saguaro Spa at the Saguaro Hotel. This position is a Regular PT Position.
About the Saguaro Spa:
The Saguaro Spa is a relaxing oasis amid the vibrant and sunny disposition of Palm Springs, CA. Replenishment and the use of certified organic botanicals form the wellspring of our spa philosophy. Selections include custom tailored massages, hydrating facials and a signature line of desert inspired body treatments.
** The Saguaro Spa provides natural nail services only, no artificial nails **
Must possess a License from the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology from the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
Two years professional Spa/Salon experience, preferably in a high end/or hospitality environment.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Punctual, regular and reliable attendance.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, evenings and mornings.
Two years professional Resort Spa experience is a plus
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Remain in a stationary position for a maximum of eight hours (excluding meal and rest breaks) throughout the work shift.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Repetitive hand and arm motion ( body manipulation) for extended periods of time.
Essential Job Functions :
Secondary Job Functions:
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with JdV policies and procedures and Saguaro Spa Service Standards.
- Provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to guests’ needs and concerns.
- Develop positive relationships with guests to ensure comfort with the spa experience.
- Perform nail and nail/treatment combinations in accordance with Saguaro Spa Service Standards.
- Willingness to listen to guest feedback and adjust treatment accordingly.
- Be timely with each guest and complete the full length of their scheduled appointment.
- Maintain expert knowledge of existing treatments and all new treatments offered in the Saguaro Spa.
- Perform all nail treatments, existing and new, including any/all modified lengths of treatment times.
- Educate guests on home care products to continue treatment at home.
- Make product recommendations as appropriate.
- Restock skin care products as needed.
- Care for and clean nail department equipment daily.
- Responsible for all linens and towels associated with scheduled treatments including but not limited to removal of dirty linens and towels, replacing/restocking linens and towels.
- Ensure that treatment room/work area is maintained in a clean, sanitized, and organized manner at all times.
- Document maintenance needs and submit to management.
- Knowledgeable of emergency and safety procedures.
- Ensure timely start and finish times of treatments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must maintain general knowledge of hotel and restaurant(s) services and hours.
- Maintain clean stock in back bar and within state regulations.
- Perform special nail department related projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality
- 13 months ago - save job