The Office Biller is responsible for accurate and timely review of patient charts prior to submission of claims. Manages the order processing and return systems in order to obtain timely physician order return. Positively communicates with office staff, field staff, marketers and referral sources to resolve claim related issues.
- Monitors billing tasks that initiate an initial claim; communicates with Branch Manager to resolve issues that prevent a timely initial claim and timely documentation of the Plan of Care for Medicare and other payor sources.
- Accurately reviews patient charts to assure ordered frequencies are met and corresponding visits are present in chart, signed physician orders have been obtained, physician ordered care has been provided as ordered. Uses portal based billing tasks and billing reports to guide chart review process. Documents progress with reviews in established locations within Patron and Portal.
- Assures the timely delivery of physician orders based on physician office preferences (hand delivery, mail, fax, electronic). Provides and documents follow up on outstanding physician orders every 7-10 days. Forges positive contacts with physician office staff to obtain return of outstanding orders. Works with Marketers for difficulties encountered in the timely return of orders.
- Adheres to billing task lists to ensure accuracy of claims.
- Prioritizes work to meet billing goals; acts as a cohesive member of the billing team by assisting other offices in meeting billing goals when a need is indicated.
- Notify Manager of problems or potential problems as soon as they are identified for timely resolution of outstanding claims.
- Works collaboratively with Business Office to resolve identified claim issues.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of patient information and computer data
CareCycle Solutions - 16 months ago