The Part-time Representative addresses security and the quality of services that impact UPS and its customers. He/she monitors and audits security policies and procedures, assists with the conduction of investigations, and assist with ensuring compliance with government regulations. This position may supervises administrative personnel, high value package clerks.
A primary responsibility of this position is to audit and analyze both physical and operational security conditions. This involves inspecting physical assets (e.g., buildings, vehicles, etc.) to identify potential security issues, and reviewing service failure reports to identify employee dishonesty incidents and procedural breakdowns. The Part-time Security Representative also observes the workforce to verify employee integrity and ensure compliance with company processes and procedures, and identifies the causes of procedural and employee integrity issues to determine appropriate responses. Another core responsibility is conducting security investigations and presenting findings. The Part-time Security Representative investigates losses, damages, compliance violations, and possible criminal activity. He/she analyzes research and surveillance data, interviews investigation subjects to obtain written incident statements, and prepares accurate and thorough case files. Finally, the Part-time Security Representative presents investigation findings to management and government agencies to ensure appropriate incident responses. This position also develops, implements, and enforces security policies and procedures. This includes creating training and materials on security and loss prevention practices, and conducting research on best practices.
- Audit quality and integrity policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Monitor employee disciplinary data to ensure corrective action is taken
- Analyze investigation results and the root cause of losses to determine preventive measures
- Attend meetings and consult with UPS departments about security and procedural issues
- Develop customized security procedures for external customers
- Determine employee training needs to produce continuous development plans
- Provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Applies knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations to guide workforce behavior
- Applies legal, regulatory and safety compliance knowledge to reduce company risk
- Applies an understanding of policies and procedures to situations and operations in a business area
- Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools
- Conducts research by gathering internal and external information (e.g., similar cases, facts, opinions, trends, needs, impact, benefits, best practices, and risks), and summarizes/communicates findings
- Investigates incidents and responds to requests, problems, crises and critical situations. Identifies causes, documents findings, and determines responses/next steps
- Manages routine inspections of buildings, grounds, equipment, supplies, and/or compliance documents to ensure safety, regulatory compliance and service life
- Manages projects and programs including allocating people and resources, organizing logistics and implementation, monitoring progress, adapting plans, and identifying and resolving rollout issues
- Manages protection of physical property by directing inspections and patrols to safeguard against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...