The Primary Purpose of the Position: s erves as Prosthetic Purchasing Agent the North Texas VA, utilizing various purchasing methods (IFCAP VS. Purchasing package).
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- When applicable (blanket purchase agreements, government-wide purchase card and purchase and delivery orders), with the responsibility of providing support for 3 Medical Centers and CBOCS within the North Texas VA.
- Position requirements access to all sites within the North Texas Healthcare System.
- Is responsible for procurement of a wide variety of specialized, complex and routine patient specific supplies, services and equipment for the North Texas Healthcare System.
- Reviews complex prosthetic consults for a wide variety of prosthetic/ orthotic/surgical devices, medical supplies, durable medical equipment, and delivery/installation services prior to purchasing.
- Examples of items purchased are manual and power custom wheelchairs designed for individual patients, custom fabricated artificial legs, arms, and eyes (prostheses), custom braces or orthoses, hearing aids, eyeglasses, aids for the blind (computers, closed circuit televisions, voice recognition and other devices), specialty hospital beds and mattresses, feeding pumps, durable medical equipment, pain management devices and electrodes, oxygen and other respiratory equipment, tubing, concentrators, including special items made to order for medical and research functions of the VA by negotiation and competitive procurement methods.
- Reviews legal eligibility and medical entitlement for product and services requested making it crucial that interpretation of Title 38 U.S.C., VA Directives and Program Handbooks is accurate and consistent.
Position Description Title/PD#: Purchasing Agent, PD# 549-3553-A
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise - To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan - by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Bonham is a small, historical town that is located in the center of Texomaland. Just south of the Texas/Oklahoma border, Bonham is only 25 miles away from the conveniences of entertainment offered by the larger cities of Sherman, Denison and Paris. Also, being only an hour away, the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex offers a unique blend of Southwestern warmth, cosmopolitan flair, old west charm and modern sophistication.
The Dallas VA Medical Center is located approximately 8 miles south of downtown Dallas. Located between two major interstates, I-45 to the east and I-35 to the west, and with a new Dart station in front makes this hospital very accessible. There are educational opportunities for everyone within the DFW Metroplex with good school districts and 43 colleges and universities. In the DFW Metroplex there is never a shortage of things to see and do. We offer ample shopping centers and restaurants; two airports; the arts, gardens, zoos, and theme parks. The Metroplex offers a variety of sports activities for the amateur sports enthusiast, and six major professional teams. We offer one of the largest and most complex medical centers in the VA system in an exciting metropolitan area.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more . Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
Qualifications & Evaluations
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade ( GS-04 ) in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to: Experience utilizing various purchasing methods (IFCAP vs. Prosthetics package), purchases prosthetics appliances, equipment and general office skills.]
Education: Applicants may substitute education for the experience required for the GS-05 level. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school. ? (If you are qualifying based on education, you must submit a copy of your transcript.)
Applicants may also combine education and experience to qualify at the GS-05 level. To calculate, first identify the percentage of required education you have, only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience. (If you are qualifying based on education, you must submit a copy of your transcript.)
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) based on your application for this position.
1. Ability to interpret and apply Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and procedures governing the purchase of equipment, supplies and services especially those applicable to the procurement of prosthetic appliances.
2. Ability to interpret and apply Federal regulations, VA manual guidelines and Medical Center and Service policies.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology in order to analyze prescriptions and requests for prosthetic appliances, services and medical equipment.
4. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with individuals from variety of backgrounds and with varying levels of understanding.
5. Ability to effectively plan, organize, and complete a complex variety of tasks and assignments under varying deadlines and competing priorities.
6. Ability to operate an electric typewriter, personal computer and/or work station keyboard and visual display link to a mainframe computer.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE . If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Benefits & Other Info
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered:
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The following documents are required :
Résumé (complete with experiences most relevant to the position, including
name and address of employer, job title, starting and ending dates (month and year), average hours worked per week, and a description of your duties. (Required)
Declaration of Federal Employment http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
Copy of most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) (Required if you are a current/former federal employee). The SF-50 must indicate proof of status (for example, you were a career or a career-conditional employee) and should identify your position, title, series, grade, step, tenure, and type of service (Competitive or Excepted).
Copy of most recent performance Appraisal ( current Federal employees ).
Veterans need to supply copy of DD214.
Responses to the questionnaire.
Copy of your transcript if you are using education to qualify.
Any other documents required by the checklist . The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, October 07, 2013 to receive consideration.1. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.2. Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, , select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.verification is needed.
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
- Other (2850C)
- Other Veterans Document
After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter - or e-mail - will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.
15513-Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Department of Veterans Affairs - 11 months ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...