Perform functions to research vendors, negotiate pricing and place orders to purchase materials needed for manufacturing, warehousing, and the R&D facility.
Under general direction:
- Place new purchase orders with approved vendors for materials needed for future production.
- Expedite purchase orders for past due orders.
- Review acknowledgements received from vendors and suppliers to verify all materials received for future delivery dates are acceptable and prepare for filing.
- Work with manufacturing on problems with returned goods and tracing of shipments.
- Ensures quality, delivery, order accuracy and competitive pricing through continuous follow-up with suppliers and end-users.
- Makes recommendations on the use of alternate materials or suppliers to improve service and/or reduce total cost.
- Responsible for managing activities associated with requesting, analyzing, and selecting best quotation. Administers contracts and purchase orders for required materials with consideration given to material quality, supplier reliability, lowest cost, supplier financial strength, and technical capability to meet material requirements.
- Surveys Purchasing's internal customers to ensure services provided meet the organizations's present and future requirements. Responsible for maintaining internal Standard Operating Procedures, which will ensure the purchasing function is carried out legally, efficiently, professionally and meets the requirements of internal audit.
- Assists in the administration and expansion fo the FK internal purchasing system (In-Store).
- 2-4 years of related experience required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are required.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office are required.
- High school graduate is required and college degree is desirable.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal supervison.
- Experience with requisitioning and purchase order process desired.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability, and 401K with company match.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage and support a diverse workforce.