Provides immediate first line supervisory direction and guidance, including workload distribution, utilizing efficient operating methods, controls, policies and procedures to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are satisfied, which include but are not limited to:
Purchase Requisition conversion time, procurement due diligence, including diversity business imperative, Purchase Order (PO) accuracy, delivery deadline compliance, invoice discrepancy awareness and resolution and savings objectives.
Coordinates and resolves first tier procurement inquiries or issues- internal customers or subordinate or supplier performance. Addresses all problems associated with satisfying and fulfilling purchase requests in assigned areas of products, services, or specific departments. Escalates more complex or un-resolvable issues to the Director.
Performs supplementary PO production.
Investigates, analyzes and summarizes savings or performance enhancing opportunities, serving in lead or support role to Director.
Conducts item consolidation by Product Group, Sub Group, and Class.
Establishes effective working relationships with interdepartmental Managers (or their delegates) for those areas supported.
Works with buyers and requesting departments to assist in specification development, which may include shared research responsibilities or sampling requests and tracking.
Conducts and asserts productive first level vendor management. Ensures that vendors in assigned area of products, services, or specific departments meet established delivery dates at the lowest ethically negotiated price with respect to specification tolerances and timely supply fulfillment.
Coordinates meetings in conjunction with respective Purchasing Directors, Property Management or its delegate and the Vendor to promote new business opportunities or to resolve issues and maintain positive, effective and ethical relationships.
Establishes, maintains or supports filing systems and methods of documentation of reports or purchasing activity generated by the department or for the respective buyer, as to enable and satisfy an audit/inspection or industry regulating standards and measure KPIs and/or ad hoc analyses.
Creates, coordinates the development, modification and execution of Blanket Purchase Orders with project team within assigned scope of product, services or departments and monitors its status.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years work experience in Purchasing/Materials Management and/or Accounting position, where an intermediate and functional understanding of Procurement or Accounting practices, and attention to detail and analytical skills were required, preferably within the hospitality/service/casino industry.
- Ability to create, read, and evaluate reports, and generate correspondence and statistical reports.
- Able be flexible and be able to multi task.
- Possess organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- College Degree in business administration, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate proficiency of PC computer software (i.e., MS Office Suite – with emphasis on ability to create formula based worksheets within Excel, may supplement with working knowledge of Word, Power Point and Outlook) or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Confirmation of command of relevant skills / knowledge within Stratton Warren/ MMS procurement software and/or the equivalent software based purchasing/inventory programs.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 17 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...