Oversees and processes ships' documentation and customs declarations. Arranges for ship and document inspections and prepares passenger and crew lists for the appropriate governmental authorities. Prepares and oversees all aspects of hourly crew payroll and timekeeping.
- Prepares crew lists and crew movement for vessel, Coast Guard and corporate operations.
- Prepares daily, monthly & yearly production reports for vessel and corporate operations.
- Prepares payroll and resolves scheduling (hours) issues to reconcile; submits payroll reports to payroll.
- Prepares shipping documentation and acts as primary receiving agent for goods delivered to the vessel and disperses those goods to the vessel personnel.
- Acts as the primary means of communication and serves as logistical support for material requests to purchasing and communicates with shipping/receiving and operations.
- Directs and manages the systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Computes account recaps for petty cash and crew expenses.
- Shows proficient computer skills and prepares documents in Excel, JDE, Kronos Timekeeping, and shows the ability to demonstrate knowledge or aptitude for other office software applications if needed.
- Can be involved in any of the following: answer phones, greet, respond, and resolve questions of incoming traffic. Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail. Collect, seal, and stamp outgoing mail. Deliver oral or written messages.
- Prepares safety reports.
- Marks, tabulates, and files articles and records.
- Assigns rooms for crew members.
- May be trained and/or train others in any one of these duties above.
- Coordinates vessel parts and materials ordering.
- May conduct safety orientations.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
Special Training/Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to compose routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software and word processing software. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard and non-standard situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills. The employee will occasionally perform basic math and read, speak and write English. The employee will frequently need to understand English.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work in highly active, changing operational environment, in a remote location. At times, long hours.
Physical Demands: Must be capable of boarding and departing (exiting) a vessel without assistance by moving up or climbing a gangplank , the stern ramp of a vessel and/or a vertical ladder. Must be capable of boarding/departing the vessel by being lifted in a crane or manlift. May also enter and exit a skiff from a dock, plane, or boat unassisted. Must meet at designated locations to receive instructions and place on a life jacket and an immersion suit without assistance in one minute or less. Must also move quickly without assistance to any designated life boat station.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must be able to climb or descend one or more set of steep stairs or vertical ladders both inside or outside in all weather conditions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, speak, write and understand English and use customer service skills. The employee is frequently required to utilize interpersonal, teamwork, decision making skills, creativity, independent judgment, discretion, problem analysis, and supervision skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
. EOE/AA M/F/D/V