The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Crew Lead will report into the regional Operations Manager and will function as the lead PV technician for SolarCity. They will meet with clients to coordinate the completion of the array and all related equipment necessary to provide a complete and working photovoltaic system.
The Crew Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise photovoltaic installation teams. In this position, the Crew Lead will communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems. The ideal candidate will also lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team. Additional duties required as needed
- Must have a minimum of two years of PV installation experience, including at least 6 months of leading a crew of two
- Proficiency in installing all types of grid-tied inverters & able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV installations
- Must be very organized and be able to meet aggressive timelines
- Must deliver a high level of customer service
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Thrive in a team environment
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Regular 40 hour work week and paid vacation/sick days
- Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
- Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k plan and stick options
- Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity - 18 months ago
Ready to get off the grid? SolarCity can help. The company sells, installs, finances, and monitors turnkey solar energy systems that convert...