About CFV Solar Test Laboratory, Inc.:
CFV Solar Test Laboratory (CFV) is a new photovoltaic (PV) test center jointly owned by CSA International, VDE Institute, Fraunhofer ISE, and Fraunhofer CSE. CFV performs certification testing of PV modules according to North American (ANSI/UL) and international (IEC) standards as well as non-certification testing for performance and reliability verification. The laboratory is located in Albuquerque, NM, and is a state-of-the-art test facility. For additional information please view our website at http://www.cfvsolar.com.
About the Position:
CFV Solar Test Laboratory is looking for a new engineer intern, for six months to one year. We provide a stipend sufficient to live in Albuquerque, and will pay for the internship visa if required. CFV is looking for strong team players, with exceptional skills in their field, a can-do attitude, and the motivation to make CFV the premier PV test services provider in North America.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Will work together with our experienced test engineers in setting up test equipment, running customer tests for performance, safety & reliability, analyzing and verifying measurement data, calculating uncertainties, conducting literature studies, presenting posters at conferences, etc.
- Help in a variety of tasks which might include: developing procedures for CPV testing, establishing a grid-tie set-up with Micro-inverters for performance monitoring, reducing uncertainties in performance measurements, and working on quality improvement programs for precision measurements and thin film modules.
- Work closely with our partners Fraunhofer CSE in Cambridge, MA, Fraunhofer ISE in Germany and Sandia National Laboratories.
Required Education and Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have completed their master studies in Photovoltaics or related discipline
- Knowledge of PV modeling programs like PVsyst or programming experience in Labview is an advantage.
- Candidate has ideally worked for another PV test lab or been involved in PV research at a university and brings experience in running tests or test equipment.
- Excellent English language skills are required
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, responsible and able to work independently.
CFV Solar Test Laboratory - 19 months ago
CFV also provides highly specialized non-certification test services. With our unique test equipment and outstanding solar irradiance...