With 27 doctors and a dedicated support staff, Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital provides professional veterinary care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Having served the Pacific Northwest as a full service, mixed animal practice since 1963, we are now one of the largest multi-species hospitals in the United States. We are currently recruiting for a 2 Part Time Kennel Attendants.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide care and the basic needs of animals that are being boarded, or are patients of Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital. The secondary duty (secondary to animal care) is to keep the appearance of the hospital immaculate. The responsibilities vary with current needs of the hospital staff, the season of the year
Under direction of the Veterinarian or Practice Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and ward areas and the proper feeding and care of all boarded animals.
Minimum Qualifications:Skills and Knowledge:
General cleaning of public and employee areas, building and yard maintenance to maintain clean, odor-free, and attractive environment.
Housekeeping and laundry duties for all areas.
Recurring assignments are performed independently. Deviations or unfamiliar situations are referred to the supervisor.
Often requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 40 lbs. Frequently requires handling of materials up to 20 lbs. Additionally, handle dogs weighing up to 150 lbs. Walking and/or standing for long periods. Frequently work in a bent position. May be required to use strength or agility in walking and restraining stronger, more active animals.
Work is normally performed inside; some outside work is required.
Exposure to unpleasant odors and noises.
Exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes.
Possible exposure to contagious diseases.
Use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
Perform moderately heavy physical labor.
Learn to administer medications and recognize abnormal conditions.
Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education: Equivalent to completion of 12th grade
Knowledge of: Basic animal behavior and care is desired
Experience: Previous experience in a veterinary hospital or related medical field preferred.
This position will be 3 days a week including one weekend day.
- To walk boarded dogs several times a day to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
- To observe and report animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent to technicians and/or veterinarians for any boarder animals.
- To perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
- Give baths (ordinary cleansing) and do whatever grooming as may be necessary to the treatment and constant cleanliness of each animal. (if needed or if stay is longer than 5 days)
- Feed each animal as instructed and records appetites; keep dish washing area clean and neat.
- Make sure cages and animals are properly numbered and identified and that personal property (toys, treats, blankets, leashes) are stored in the proper area and identified.
- Cleans and sanitizes all cages, runs, wards and related areas.
- Wash and dry towels and blankets.
- Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
- Perform general cleaning in treatment, reception and surgery rooms.
- Empty trash.
- Patrol hospital grounds daily, picking up any trash and stool material.
- Perform work according to established methods or following special instructions.
- Follow the hospital policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a resume to the email address listed above.
HR Kinections - 15 months ago