About the Company
Unique Industries is one of the largest party supply manufacturers / distributors in the world. We are committed to serving our loyal customers, offering a selection of merchandise, including licensed and non-licensed paper party patterns, balloons, banners, candles, crepe streamers, piñatas, party favors and much more!
Unique Industries is located in our state-of-the-art corporate facility in the beautiful Philadelphia Naval Business Center. We offer a competitive benefits program including a casual dress code, on-site employee Fitness Center, free parking and access to public transportation.
This is a great opportunity for an entry-level packaging designer to take the next step in their career! If you have 2-4 years of experience, we want to hear from you! Unique offers competitive benefits, a team-oriented environment and the chance to work on product packaging that hits the shelves of major retailers!
This is a Junior-level position and overqualified candidates will not be contacted.
•Responsible for designing, sizing and layout of generic and licensed packaging used for Unique and private label products.
•Design any new major packaging or packaging for new lines to be introduced.
•Create labels for plates, napkins and cups.
•Responsible for blister arrangements on cards.
•Design ensemble packaging for licensed products, create the packaging for the entire line.
•Proof all incoming packaging proofs and blister arrangements within scope of responsibility.
•Follow up on all existing items that require changes in addresses, warnings or other information.
•Responsible for providing new packaging or prints as necessary for mock-ups for both the Advertising, Marketing and Sales departments.
•Coordinate the sending of packaging to printers/makers with the product art being sent to these same companies.
•Help with mock-ups for customer presentations or for catalog photography.
•Responsible for providing the correct ink colors for each job to the secretary sending out the accompanying letter.
•Ensure that proper legal lines, country of origin, UPCs are on all packages, as instructed
•Include correct warning information, age grading, size, weight and translations, as instructed
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year art college or university.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training working on packaging.
- Must have completed various software upgrade classes.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Good communication skills with others in the department and with other departments Must be able to calculate correct sizes and color percentages for packaging.
- Knowledge of 4/color process and spot color printing on offset and flexographic presses.
- Must be skilled in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiar with using the Internet and email.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Ability to work independently with little direction.
Unique Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All offers of employment with Unique are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago