Title: Packaging Engineer
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES: Lead the development of primary and secondary packaging to support new product launches and re-launches in North America for this company's products.
- Typical day to day or work shift: 8-4:30, 8:30-5 or 9-5:30
- Top 3 skills: data entry, math/measurements/numbers, SAP experience
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Pay: $25- $30/HR (depending on experience)
- Drug and Background checks required
- Initiate and manage global and regional IIM packaging development projects and respective timelines from conception through final qualification and distribution of finished goods.
- Create a close relationship with Procurement to identify and steer cost savings initiatives in order to achieve improved value engineering and product margins.
- Drive the change and the optimization of the supplier portfolio in the Packaging Sourcing Teams regarding: identification and evaluation of cost saving opportunities and optimizing existing / new packaging to meet customer and consumer needs. Support Quality department in improving quality level of packaging suppliers and support supplier audits from a technical perspective.
- Steer regional IIM processes from packaging perspective and collaborate with packaging colleagues globally and in the headquarter functions. Ensure technical and cost feasibility of projects and provide options to meet Marketing, Supply Chain, Customer and Consumer needs. Close collaboration with Supply Chain Initiative Planners and pertinent cross-functional project members.
- Lead development including primary packaging mold development and qualification, packaging functionality testing, secondary / distribution packaging development and testing, filling line assessments & trials, developing specifications, stacking patterns and approving respective tasks in the artwork process. Includes managing BOMs and creating / updating specifications in SAP R/3.
- Close collaboration with third party manufacturers (3PM). Support 3PM’s in all packaging related matters subjects including filling line trials.
- Bachelor in Packaging Engineering from an accredited university; In-depth knowledge of plastic resins and their respective processing technologies. Knowledge and previous experience with paperboard materials and printing methods is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of related packaging experience; preferably consumer packaged goods or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required; experience with CAPE or another palletization software and ability to manage such systems also required; experience with SAP R/3 is a plus.
- Ability to read and write technical documents including blueprints, packaging specifications, MSDS and SOPs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and changing environment. Ability to interface with many levels of management.
Aerotek - 15 months ago
Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With more than three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have...