Apple is looking for a senior level electronic packaging engineer to work on developing exciting new products. You will be responsible providing packaging solutions in a system for various consumer markets. Your role is to work with internal device design, product design, QA, and supply chain, and also the external suppliers to develop and deploy new packaging technologies. We are looking for individuals who are very innovative but also have proven track record to reduce to practice in high volume manufacturing environment.
Hands-on knowledge in most of the assembly steps, such as backgrind, dicing, die attach, wirebond, encapsulation, underfill, molding, ball attach, singulation and wafer level RDL process. Advanced knowledge in wafer stress relief, bonding/debonding, laser dicing, electroless and electrolytic plating, and TSV process is a plus.
In-depth knowledge in QFN, BGA, FC, and stacked thin die packages. Advanced knowledge in 2.5D/3.5D, optical sensor, LED, MEMS sensor, and BSI packaging is a plus.
Proven track record to bring a product from conceptual stage to MP stage.
Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to present ideas, design concepts, data and plan with high confidence at team meetings and executive review meetings.
Able to perform independent research and development work with minimal supervision.
- Define new package special characteristics based on unique system level performance, cost, and footprint requirements. Own package design function.
- Define and develop a MP assembly process. This includes, but not limited to, the initial proof of concept demo work, novel process, equipment and materials development work, and yield analysis and enhancement work.
- Interface and coordinate with other team members to comply with product development/ramp timeline and to enable packaging milestones on time.
- Define packaging roadmap based on long term packaged product requirements. Manage the supplier’s R&D activities.
- At least 25% travel to domestic and international suppliers and partners for project collaborations.
M.S or Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, physics, materials science or similar disciplines with a minimal of 10 years of semiconductor packaging/assembly experience. AutoCAD, APD and multiphysics simulation knowledge is a plus.
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...