Establish packaging and processing specifications at the part number level for new product introductions, cost savings, or other supply chain improvement.
Communicate with existing facilities on packaging issues related to receiving, warehousing, and/or line side delivery.
Perform cost analysis on current packaging processes and recommend changes where appropriate.
Lead low risk Green Belt projects.
Perform activities to ensure parts are protected, shipped, and delivered to the customer in a usable fashion.
Key duties can include:
- Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted components
- Design for transport efficiency
- Perform containerization analysis, testing, and quoting
- Validate new packaging and containers during pilot phase
- Coordinate with operations for storage and ergonomic considerations
- Develop kitting packaging
- Validate returnable quantities through simulations
- Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
- Resolve issues reported by customers and process partners
- Develop, communicate and maintain supplier packaging requirements
- Audit conformance to packaging specification
- Joint Process Improvement with packaging vendors and purchasing
Customers include logistics, operations, facility engineering, quality, purchasing, and other supply chain functional areas. External contacts include global packaging vendors and product suppliers.
Some travel required (up to 25% working time)
- Bachelor of Science Degree (i.e. Packaging, Chemistry, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering)
- Minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain or Operations experience with a strong emphasis in Packaging.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform data query analysis (i.e. SAS, business objects)
- Interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Develop and deploy creative /original solutions to complex problems
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the
which can be found through our employment website at
Apr 3, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Georgia-Athens-ATHENS03-Athens Logistics Services Ctr
Caterpillar - 8 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...