The Packaging Engineer will lead the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while supporting the cross-functional project tasks. The Packaging Engineer will act as a key packaging resource for Company.
Key Responsibilities for the Position:
- Function within the guidelines of the Lube-Tech “Team Ground Rules” and Mission Statement.
- Utilized as a subject matter expert in selected packaging technology.
- Provide support to business groups to resolve packaging issues.
- Coordinate and execute experiments, as well as plant trials; prepare results in technical reports, both written and oral, for review with minimal supervision.
- Interpret, develop, and issue technical specifications.
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry.
- Help with innovative POD and merchandizing options.
- Help to drive efficiencies in packaging through packaging equipment technology.
- Participate in CI efforts to increase quality and lower delivered cost.
- Main focal point for testing new package ideas.
- Maintain strong communication with New Product Development team, updating them on projects.
- Work with Supply Chain on identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Contribute as needed on cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in packaging industry, experience with Bottles, Labels, Corrugated preferred.
- Flexible packaging experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of packaging materials, capabilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of test methodology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Developing troubleshooting skills with ability to think on their feet.
- Understanding of business principles.
- Financial understanding to optimize profitability.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS office applications and relational database management.
- Experience with Auto CAD.
- Proficiency with Six Sigma data analysis tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willing to be “hands-on” and dig in as needed.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional Medical Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(K) Plan with Company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. - 9 months ago
We might act like a small company, but we offer benefits that only a big business can. From our home in the Midwest, our reach extends...