Reference Code: 1309316
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities.
Develops innovative and cost-effective packaging to address company objectives, with a particular focus on new products. Responsible for the coordination and development of all packaging components and specifications, implementation into production, and support equipment.
• Design, evaluate, cost, specify, and implement packaging for all new products from the conceptual phase to production.
• Development of POP displays and special sets per Marketing & Sales requirements.
• On-going floor support and trouble-shooting for new and existing product packaging.
• Initiate, evaluate, and implement value improvements to achieve optimum use of facilities and resources.
• Provide packaging assistance to other departments and subsidiaries.
• Maintain and upgrade knowledge and education.
Work is performed with minimal supervision. The position works within a team environment, which requires communication with all levels of management and production personnel. The Engineer will be handling multiple projects, which requires excellent project management skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in packaging, mechanical, or industrial engineering
• 2+ years of consumer packaging experience
• Working knowledge of packaging technologies
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills-verbal and written.
• Able to lead and coordinate various task teams.
• Computer literacy in CAD and database applications.
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Newell Rubbermaid - 16 months ago
It's an incredibly exciting time at Newell Rubbermaid. Our future is bright and our potential is unlimited. We are at a defining moment in...