The Packaging Engineer provides technical support for the development of packaging that consistently meets or exceeds consumer’s expectations. Seventh Generation packaging must support our sustainability, authenticity, and overall packaging guidelines.
This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values in the on-going pursuit of the company’s mission.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Develop primary packaging, secondary packaging, and shipping/distribution containers for products in response to customer quality, marketing requirements, and manufacturing partner capabilities.
- Ensure all new package development and materials of construction are aligned with Seventh Generation’s sustainability goals and standards.
- Conduct and document package qualification, package distribution testing, package/product compatibility and consumer use testing for new packages.
- Develop package specifications for new products and create documentation to support all product qualification requirements.
- Innovate in package design and sustainability improvement.
- Support Quality Assurance and Logistics in implementing new packaging or labeling processes at manufacturing facilities.
- Analyze and evaluate consumer feedback to identify package/label improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product Development and Sourcing Teams to develop new package designs, sizes and evaluate cost models for new initiatives.
- Develop working relationships with existing and potential package suppliers.
- Commit to personal development and professional growth by actively participating in personal development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of planning and executing work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Provide technical assistance and training to the Consumer Relations team as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to Quality Assurance and Operations as needed to resolve packaging related manufacturing or supply issues.
- Research and track market and competitive trends to remain abreast of category package developments.
- Collect and development departmental database on innovation applicable to Seventh Generation product categories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Package Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience in package development preferably in a consumer products goods company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft software, database management, and TOPS/CAPE software
- Strong alignment with Seventh Generation’s Vision, Mission, Values and Operating Principles
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time throughout the US and Canada
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization
- Office environment – no special conditions
- Learning organization – The expectation to growth and develop is essential
Seventh Generation - 15 months ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....